Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Welcome to the Ethi-Letter!

This Blog is here primarily as a way to track my thoughts about the state of the economy, the markets,
interest rates, and business in general. As a trader, it is helpful to be able to keep a record of your thoughts to ensure that you are being true to your original investment objectives. Therefore this Blog is first and foremost for me, as a tool. Some of you have expressed an interest in hearing about what I am doing in the markets, so I decided to make this journal public.

First, a bit about me:

I am an entrepreneur and Internet developer with roots in Online Service Delivery dating back to the start-up of the industry. I began my career at Charles Schwab and Company where I played several critical roles in delivering Schwab's online investing products: StreetSmart and The Equalizer. These products were the first of their kind in the investment industry and were a precursor to Schwab's eventual success on the Internet.

Following my accomplishments at Schwab, I formed G.Triad Development Corporation in 1995. Under my leadership, and with no funding or investment beyond my personal time, G.Triad became the Internet development services firm of choice for enterprise and "dot-coms" alike. G.Triad delivered some of the largest and most comprehensive Web applications in operation today, including such revolutionary projects as SmartMoney.com, Simon and Schuster's SimonSays.com, ToysRUs.com, Dow Jones University (an online distance learning application), and several award winning Intranet applications. Under my direction, the company grew from a modest 10 person technology company to a 300 person, multi-national IT consulting company; and in 1999, I led the acquisition of G.Triad by Computer Horizons Corporation.

I am a graduate of Seton Hall University in South Orange NJ. I have served on numerous technical boards of advisory for startup organizations ranging from CRM related enterprise software to network optimization and management, and actively mentor startup companies in my home state of New Jersey. I have been an active supporter of eGovernment initiatives around the country, and frequently gives my time to municipalities interested in bringing local government to the internet.

For the past two years, I have managed a private hedge fund and achieved an average yearly compounded return of 22%. I am also the current CEO of ReadyTechs LLC at http://www.readytechs.com/.

No comments: