Wednesday, August 16, 2006

How to deal with a Venture Partner

Maybe it is just the type of blogs I read, but for some reason, everyone wants to tell you how to deal with a Venture Capitalist. I see things like "The Top Ten Things when talking to VC." or other "lists" that seems to suggeest that someone actually knows how to manipulate a VC into liking your idea. I have to say it seems much more organic than that.

I've seen people get funded, and I've seen a lot more NOT get funded. The ones that actually DO move through the maze far enough to GET funded seem to be getting there not on some swift sales pitch, and not even on a good cash flow model. They just "click" with the overall tone and tenure of the firm doing the funding. It seems almost magical.

So, I would say, if you have to read "lists" to get funded. Your idea needs more work and isn't immediately compelling.

No comments: